Archive for January 24th, 2012
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup tomato puree
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 hamburger buns
1. Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until almost cooked through (about 3 minutes).
5. Stir in tomato puree, ketchup, water, brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
6. Simmer until sauce is slightly thicker than ketchup, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Season mixture with salt and Tabasco to taste. Spoon meat mixture onto hamburger buns and serve with a potato chips and crisp pickles. Makes 4 servings.
Categorized as Blog Topics, What Do You Think
The next time you think YOU’RE the biggest fan of the Golden Boys just click here~~>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkE3s8KKDsc
I wouldn’t know whether to laugh, scream or pull out my taser….
Categorized as Blog Topics, The Comedy Corner
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast, available in the packaged meats case
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup medium heat taco sauce or 1 (14-oz) can stewed or fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 (8 inch) spinach flour tortillas, available on dairy aisle of market
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or shredded pepper jack
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – twice around the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat, 5 minutes. Add taco sauce or stewed or fire roasted tomatoes. Add black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste.
Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining extra-virgin olive oil, about 1 tablespoon oil. Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with the scallions and serve.
Categorized as Blog Topics, Food and Nutrition